Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Superfluous Nipple

The supernumerary nipple, or superfluous nipple as it is referred to on The Simpsons, is a wondrously entertaining, if essentially useless thing. Especially on a man. Perhaps this humble blog will live up to those low standards.

From Wikipedia:
A supernumerary nipple (also known as a third nipple, accessory nipple, polythelia or polymastia) is an additional nipple occurring in mammals including humans. Often mistaken for moles, supernumerary nipples are diagnosed at a rate of 2% in females, less in males. The nipples appear along the two vertical "milk lines" which start in the armpit on each side, run down through the typical nipples and end at the groin. They are classified into eight levels of completeness from a simple patch of hair to a milk-bearing breast in miniature. Polythelia refers to the nipple alone while polymastia denotes the presence of glandular tissue.


The List (Last updated July 13, 2007)

The following list is the working copy of my life's work: finding people with three (or more) nipples. I know - it's a weird life.

Lily Allen - Singer
Anne Boleyn - Queen of England
Jackson Browne - Musician
Chuck Cleaver - Musician (The Ass Ponys)
Scatman Crothers - Actor, Singer
John Edwards - U.S. Senator
Brian Jones - Musician (The Rolling Stones)
Frank Langella - Actor
Moms Mabley - Comedienne
Bill Paxton - Actor, Director
Mena Suvari - Actor
Mark Wahlberg - Actor
Tilda Swinton - Actor

Moirob - Blogger
Marcus - Game Show Applicant
Daniel Loew - Movie Producer
Me

Fictional Characters:

Francisco Scaramanga (from the movie The Man With The Golden Gun)
Chandler Bing (from the TV series Friends)
Krusty the Klown (from the TV show The Simpsons)
Noah Falkner (from the movie Biodome)

** Note: Some people in the list (Anne Boleyn, Mena Suvari...) may not have extra nipples but are included here because I commented on their cases in my blog. I welcome confirmations, denials, and random photos. Please send photos of your own superfluous nipple to pics [at] superfluousnipple.com and I will add you to my roll of honour.

14 comments:

corsakti said...

masuimi maxx has 4

Anonymous said...

Being that you are the ultimate resource in all matters relating to witch nipples, I query whether I may be the owner of the genuine article.

What I have are two distinct nipples or teats inside one areola. If this in theory meets the criteria, I would be happy to send along a photo for verification.

Cheers and thank you.

Anonymous said...

hi, i am the proud owner of 6 very visable nipples....used to have 8 but two faded away when i 12 ish...does any one want a pic??

Phoenix di Corvo said...

speaking of the simpsons...

Homer Simpson has 3 nipples...
there's an episode where he's running a marathon and he checks his anti-chaffing nipple tpe before he leave..

"check... check... and... check!"

Anonymous said...

pics or it doesnt happen. If you freaks want to be taken seriously you should really provide some evidence. nad dont think a grazed mole counts

Anonymous said...

I have a third nipple that is lactating at present as im breast feeding my son who also has one every time i feed him it starts!!! Ive also just found out that my great great great great great grandmother is the same as the queens great great great great grandmother so when i read that anne boleyn had one makes me wonder if that is where i got from??? (not quite sure of who it is will find out). Is it true its the sign of a true witch????

Anonymous said...

So, for years I thought I had something rare, and it seems more common then not. It is located on ribs below my chest, but the unique part that stands out is right on the other side is another one just without pigmentation.
That is right 4, how many are there of those....

Anonymous said...

I've got 4. Their presence was unknown until I started to get chest hair and the distant pattern of hairs of an undeveloped areola formed in symmetrical points 1/2" inset and 1 1/8" below my regular nipples.

Anonymous said...

I also have 4 nipples.. Could we create a group for us? We're special!

Unknown said...

I am the owner of four very visible nipples as well....

Anonymous said...

I am a swim coach who has a third (and fourth) nipple. It is amazing to me how many of my athletes have one and don't know it. They just think it's a mole. when I tell them it's not, they don't believe me until they notice how many other swimmers have a mole in the same spot!

Stephanie said...

I have an ex bf that definitely has 4 nipples. I myself have 3 and as my breasts grow (I'm preggo) it is becoming more and more obvious that it is so. I think its cool :)

Anonymous said...

my husband has four nipples. i didnt realize how many other four-boobied folks there were out there.people often picked on my husband growing up because he was 'different', but who knows, maybe those little jerks had four nipples too! much love to MY four-bobbied man!

Nyx Emily Designs said...

Hi, love your site. I just found out Zac Efron has 4 nipples. You can see it in some shirtless pics on google!